Wednesday 25 November 2009

Audience Research


I can conclude from these results that a large amount of my audience will watch the documentary online if it is broadcasted. However, 1/2 of my target audience watch T.V therefore my scheduling remains important.


The results show that the majority of my target audience watch documentaries on channel 4 or online on 4oD. This has given me a direction as to what to research in terms of institution; it has helped me in reaching the decision to broadcast my documentary on this channel. Channel 4 have previously broadcasted programmes such as 'skins' and 'the inbetweeners'; they have also previously produced and broadcasted documentaries dealing with issues surrounding young urban culture. By doing this, they have created a target audience amoung young people; this is the same target audience I am looking to atttract.

My results show that the two most popular preferred documentary formats are investigative, for example Dispatches and Panorama and fly on the wall, for example the family. These results have lead me to look at Dispatches and the family to observe how they use these formats. I may try and incoorporate both formats, using aspects from each one.

These results confirm my belief that people are only aware of commericalised artists; this result reflects 13 of the people asked. The rest were all different but the names included; Mala, Loefah, Kromestar, Benga and Plastician.

These results give me information about my target audience. By knowing what other genres of music they listen to, I can reflect aspects of it within my documentary through sartorial codes and mise-en-scene, attracting a wider target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment