Wednesday 20 January 2010

Evaluation- How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

I have taken screen shots from my documentary to compare how my ancillary texts feature the key themes explored in the documentary.





The newspaper article, focuses on Dubstep being an electronic genre. Both texts create a sense of the club and rave culture surrounding the musical genre. In my documentary, this is done through symbolic imagery, for example strobe lights and turn tables. Similarly, my newspaper article features a picture of a DJ mixing at turn tables: this is also symbolic of the rave culture. In addition, a lot of the footage is recorded inside a club, resulting in poor lighting; I managed to also create this feeling in my newspaper article by using a black background.




The exploration of the historical influences of the genre are focused on through this imagery. Red, Green and Yellow are recognised as Rastafarian colors; I was very sure that these three colors would dominate my newspaper advert. My target audience automatically create an association between themselves and my product as they identify themselves with the Rasta culture. The newspaper advert works well with my ancillary product as it features one of the most predominant influences on the Dubstep culture.

1 comment:

  1. how well they convey the content, how(construction)

    ReplyDelete