Monday 4 January 2010

Final Brief

Brief- TV Documentary
Main Product- 5 minute extract from a one hour programme
Ancillary Product 1- Double page spread from listings magazine
Ancillary Product 2- Newspaper advert for documentary
Target Audience
Demographics: Aged 18-29
Psychographics: Will be interested in electronic music, Garage, Jungle, Drum'n'Bass and Reggae genres and would be involved in the underground music scene.
Lifestyle: Social, young, diverse, talented, music will be a big part of the audiences life.
Similar Media Products- The Dubstep movement- Hug the Sub, BBC Collective Sound of Dubstep, The Family
Justification for choice of brief- I have knowledge of constructing documentaries and an understanding of the form. So, I thought, given the conditions it would be the most appropriate brief. Dubstep is amoungst one of my favourite genres of music, my weekend social events are usualy centered around a Dubstep rave. I am familiar with many DJ's and producers in the genre.
Narrative- I will use a non-narrative construction as I feel this is the most appropriate narrative for my documentary. I will not be conveying a story, just informing people of Dubstep. I will be using the 'Fly on the wall' format in a similar way to how The Family used it to document their footage.
Creativity- My documentary will involve footage from inside a rave and will include interviews of artists.
Challenges Anticipated- Organising filming off school grounds, sound issues inside the club, lighting issues
Digital Technology- iMovie, Sony HDV Handycam, Cannon Camera

No comments:

Post a Comment